The Valley Academy PTO welcomes you to our page, and we hope you find the information you are looking for.
People always ask us what the PTO is all about. They have a fearful notion that by even asking about it, or showing any interest whatsoever, means they are going to be instantly bogged down with time consuming assignments. While it is true that volunteering takes time out of our busy schedules, it is also a rewarding and great way to get involved with your students school and education. You can be a huge part in things that are happening, or will happen, at Valley Academy. You’ll also get to work hand in hand with the faculty and administration who are part of your students life every single day. It’s a great way to get to know the people that are making an important, positive impact on our students lives.
Our objective, or role at Valley Academy is to do several things:
1. Establish and maintain a working relationship among parents, the school and our community.
2. Support school improvement teams and promote the finest education possible for the students at Valley Academy Charter School.
3. Expand technology and supplement equipment and supplies.
4. Increase student safety and security.
5. Develop programs and projects that will support or enrich the curriculum.
6. Enhance the quality of education by raising funds for school supplies or programs that fall outside the school budget.
We meet once a month on the first Thursday of each month, in the multi-purpose room, at7:00pm. Please come and join us in planning fun ways to make a difference in the lives of our amazing students here at VA.
We hope to see you soon!
-The PTO Officers
Charlotte Potter, President
Marisa Monger, Vice President
Kim Pope, Secretary
Monthly Meeting Minutes: